Preferred method for supplying artwork
As printed products are often required within a couple of days (for the more simplistic print jobs!), it is vital there is no wasted time and artwork passes through the pre-press department smoothly to enable us to start production as efficiently as possible. To help you, we have compiled our preferred method for artwork to be supplied. By supplying artwork in this manner, our automated workflow will be able to process your order faster, ensuring the job is moved through to production to schedule.
As always though, if in doubt about any of the below, please call us. We are always happy to help.
- All artwork to be supplied in the number of colours quoted with no colour conversions applied. All artwork to be sent to us in CMYK not RGB format.
- The artwork to be in line with the quoted specification for both pagination and finished size. If this doesn’t match the quotation, our account manager will be in touch as to best route forward as this will incur additional costs.
- All pages supplied as single pages (as opposed to spreads) – with the exception of PUR bound brochures including a specified spine size. Please ask your Galloways contact for the spine width in this instance upfront to ensure your job looks as designed.
- In this instance of a revision needing to be done from proofing stage, we prefer to have the full document sent to us again. Please resupply with a simple ‘Rev2’ suffix to the file name.
- All pages supplied with 3mm bleed, ensuring trim and bleed marks are shown. How to add bleed is shown here.
- All artwork to be supplied to Galloways as flattened PDFs to ensure file integrity.
- All imagery within the artwork to be high resolution, with a minimum of 240dpi however we prefer 300dpi.
- We are targeting Fogra 51L colour space for coated work, and 52L for uncoated work. Please be aware of the colour space settings on your PDF.
To aid you as the designer, please find attached below the Galloways print ready artwork settings that you can upload into your InDesign export for PDF settings.
Please click on the following link to download our PDF export preferences: Galloways Preferences to Supply Artwork
Once downloaded, to use the attached file:
- Open up InDesign
- Go to ‘File’ at the top of the screen
- Go to ‘Adobe PDF Presets’
- Click ‘Define’ button
- Click ‘Load’ button and choose the attached job options file
- ‘Galloways’ PDF option should then appear in the Export for PDF settings
Production time may increase if problems are encountered with files that are not set up correctly.
We will always make our customers aware of additional charges prior to starting works if we need to amend artwork over and beyond time allowed within our estimated quotation.